1. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU THINK SOMEONE SHOULD CALL THEMSELVES A WRITER?
When they start blogging.
2. WHAT DIFFERENCE DO YOU SEE BETWEEN A WRITER AND AN AUTHOR?
An author is one who has published a book and a writer is more of a blogger.
3. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED WRITING UNDER A PSEUDONYM, AND WHY OR WHY NOT?
I changed my name but not for a writer’s pseudonym. I think changing your name as a writer/author can be helpful for different purposes.
4. WHAT DO THE WORDS “WRITER’S BLOCK” MEAN TO YOU?
When you are forcing the process.
5. HOW DO YOU PROCESS AND DEAL WITH NEGATIVE BOOK REVIEWS?
Accept them as part of the process. There’s always going to be critics.
6. ARE THERE THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS TO MODELING A CHARACTER AFTER SOMEONE YOU KNOW?
Sure, they give you more depth to your content.
7. WHAT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT PART OF YOUR WRITING PROCESS?
Exhaustion. I tend to go on writing binges and have to unplug.
8.HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING OR WHEN DID YOU START?
In 2012 I wrote my first book.
9. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A WRITER WORKING ON THEIR FIRST BOOK?
Don’t force yourself to write. Find what you’re interested in and excited about because that will fuel your writing. Don’t wait until you have it all figured out; just start writing, and the river will take you where it goes.
10. WHAT, TO YOU, ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF GOOD WRITING?
Well scripted writing that brings forth the unique voice of the author. I want to hear the inflections through the use of words and phrases. I want to read a picture in words.
11. WHAT COMES FIRST FOR YOU –THE PLOT OR THE CHARACTERS — AND WHY?
I’m a non-fiction writer, but I do have some fiction elements to a new book. The narrative/plot/story is the first thing on my mind.
(12) HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR PLOT AND CHARACTERS?
My narrative comes from some spiritual experiences I’ve had. I follow the imagination and let it unfold into a movie in my mind.
13. WHEN DID YOU FIRST CALL YOURSELF A WRITER?
(14) HOW DO YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA AS AN AUTHOR?
I post articles. I don’t use social media much but that may change.
(15) WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE PART OF PUBLISHING?
(16) WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO AN AUTHOR WHO WANTED TO DESIGN THEIR OWN COVER?